Friday 4 December 2009

Tag 4 - tick!

I didn't have the right sized stamps Tim used today (but the order went in before 9am here ) - but I did have the ATC sized one, and I filled in the gaps with some of his snowflakes and a Paperartsy row of parcels. I couldn't for the life of me work out how the swivel clasps are meant to open, even going close-up on the photo on Tim's blog - so improvised with a fancy safety pin and some wire (I always meant to learn how to work with wire, lol)   I didn't have a memory frame the right size so have just stuck the image (part of the mini flourish to follow Tim's theme) to a fragment wtih glossy accents and - very badly - edged it with some scalloped silver tape and some distress stickles. Don't tell anyone but I picked it up before it was dry and smudged it....


In real life I think the tag needs a bit of gloss actually, so I may go over it with some glaze later.... or some rock candy crackle paint.

I really don't want to go back to work next week, I've so enjoyed having time to play this week (and yes, the Christmas cards are finished - apart from writing them, of course!) - so I am glad there is the weekend's tags to come first.

2 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Helen, looks good to me :) loving that you are doing them.. the more the merrier!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

P.S the swivel clasps have one side that needs to be pushed back to open it is kind of sprung. Push it towards the middle and it will move and spring open. Does that make sense?