Sunday 13 December 2009

Don't Stop - Tagging

To borrow a song title from Fleetwood Mac (one of my fave bands) - Don't Stop!!  Following Hel's Sunday Stampers Challenge "Christmas" I decided also to have another go at one of Tim's 12 Day Tags - this one is Day 7 which I was least happy with first time round.


This time I was able to use the Santa from my Mini Holidays plate that I ordered from The Stamp Attic (psst, there is a special offer on today)  when I saw Day 7 go up! (well, I have to buy myself a present don't I!!) and also the small snowflakes on it.  Because I used the snowflakes with the Snow Cap dabber (used more paint this time, so although it looked a mess when I stamped them, when it was dry and finished, it works!!) I didn't overstamp the tag with black snowflakes but used the small pine branch from the same set of stamps (see how useful it is!!)  in Pine Needles and added some Picket Fence distress stickles - I thought it may look like the branches were frosty.

I also had a piece of the music stamped on vellum left from Day 8 that I didn't use - it looked too dark - so I rolled this up to make a scroll to add to continue the music theme on the tag, I tied it with some glittery fibre and stuck it on with glossy accents (none on my fingers this time!)

As I have used all sorts of ink here, I am also putting this in the Alphabet Challenge - I is for Ink challenge this week.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Great tag Helen, thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Lori said...

You're tags turned out fabulous, Helen! Love 'em!