Tuesday 17 November 2009

Shimmer that fairy!

The idea behind this card started from the tag - I sprayed it directly with my reinker/perfect pearl mixes - broken china/pearl and mustard seed/copper drying in between each colour mix.  The colours just seemed to mingle nicely whilst they were drying!  I've since tried to repeat it but just got a mess lol!  The sentiment is from the same paperartsy plate as the fairy.

I thought the fairy would sit nicely on this card, coloured with gel pens and glitter, and added some similarly coloured prima flowers that I have covered in rock candy distress stickles (thanks to Tim  - the god - Holtz for that tip on his blog a few days back) They look fab - I've got a whole load done ready to use in projects.

I found a flower trinket - no idea where it came from,  because they're not in the original packing - I've had a pack of them for years and never used any before!! for the centre of the green flower.

The flower top left is grungepaper (a Wendy Vecchi stamp) coloured with distress ink, over inked in gel pen because the colour wasn't bright enough, and then glitter (well it is Christmas, lol!)  I seem to be using all non traditional colours this year, maybe next time I'll get out some red!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love the colors on the tag, Helen, don't you just love the mini mister with the reinker/perfect pearl mix? Oh yeah!

Anonymous said...

Yet another stunning card Helen! Love those glittery flowers xx