Saturday 19 September 2015

Ally Pally - and a demo'ing debut

Just got home and had dinner, from a great day at Ally Pally (not even put my feet up yet, that's dedication for you!)

Had a great time demo'ing for Leandra and Paperartsy, even if I did feel sick before I started.. but it was great... we'll start at the beginning though!
 Leandra demo'ing with the Bistre powders... yes, bought some...
 an early PAtwit tea break.. l to r  Jo, Alison, Hazel, Claire, Lucy and Julie Ann.   Lin was hiding and we'd lost Kirsten...
 the gorgeous old organ at the end of the hall
 the lovely and uber-talented Alison Bomber (probably a mistake to watch before I had my turn...)
 she was doing fab things with embossing and Hot Picks..
 Hugo was making his debut too, first time at a show. Courtney was having a quick demo herself..
 Alison was up after Alison B.. doing some fab tags
 the watching Twits!
 then it was my turn... tissue masterboard with the new Limited Edition Frescos.. thanks to Kirsten for taking all these whilst I was otherwise occupied!

 Lucy, Julie Ann and Sarah watching me

 Emma was demo'ing next to me, and Claire is looking through my journal
some sample tags I took with me
Lucy is being my glamorous assistant, holding a wooden heart which I'd painted, whilst it dried..
 then I tore up my tissue background and glued it onto the heart (thanks for the idea, Lin, it worked a treat!) think this is the quickest I've ever used anything I've bought at a show, lol!!

 Heart finished, it was onto some more tags..

 Emma was still working next to me, unfortunately I didn't really get to see what she was doing! Bistres were involved though!
 I took control of the camera, and took this shot of the girls from the demo side of the desk!

Oh, and YES it was very odd working standing up...
 final tag I made with some leftover paint, and Darcy's snowman .. I gave this one to Jo.
 then it was off to the pub for a drink (much needed) I didn't notice Kirsten with her tongue out!!  Lauren Hatwell is next to Lin - was great to meet her too.
 then home, and unpacked... these are the tags I took with me - together with a candle I'd decorated with stamped tissue and Darcy's stamps.
 the demos from today
 may have to get some more of these hearts!

and some goodies...
and some more...
Won't be spending (probably) tomorrow... will just be watching Sunday's demo'ers!!

Thanks girls for your encouragement, and Lin, I really hope the video didn't work.... it was great fun - so a big thanks to Leandra for giving me the opportunity to do this!

28 comments:

PaperArtsy said...

Ohh was wonderful to have you demo Helen!! Sorry I was teaching make and takes so missed you but the samples looked totally fab!!! Thanks for sharing all your ideas!!!

Claire said...

Lovely post about our day Helen! You did a fab job of demoing and it was lovely to finally meet you in real life Xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Looks a fabulous day out and congratulations on your debut Helen, so pleased for you and lovely samples. Tracy x

Unknown said...

Wow you look like you had an amazing day, love your makes done on the tags and the ones you took with you, the green one with darcys Christmas flower stamp is stunning. Bet it was scary to start with!! Also love those little wooden trees you brought x

Artmadnana said...

Helen this is a fab taster of your wonderful debut as a demonstrator for Paperartsy. It makes up a little for us not being there. You look very calm, methodical, organised and professional. I love your tags, especially that flowery Daisy-lke one! I'm intrigued by those wooden things. Can we have a close up? What are they? Love your stash. Now you can just relax and enjoy your day tomorrow! Hugs xxx

sam21ski said...

Fabulous xx

Sally H said...

Well done, Helen, and thanks so much for sharing your demo debut. I love your makes! One day I will make it down there!

Unknown said...

Brilliant Helen! Your samples both before and during are wonderful and I love how the heart turned out! Some smashing photos of you and everyone else giving a lovely summary of the day. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I don't think I could have got through the shakes, lol! Going back for a look at the pics in close up now ;-).

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Steven said...

Looks like you had a fab time Helen, jealous!!
Going back tomorrow? Not spending? We'll see!!
xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Bravo! I knew you'd rock it... you look right at home behind the desk - glad you coped with the standing up! Both the sample tags and today's demo pieces look fabulous - and I'm cross now that I forgot to look at the Bistre powders... ah well, probably best for my bank balance.
Alison xx

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry didn't make it today after all, had to work - think you rocked it though! Probably see you lurking round the PA stall tomorrow.

Kirsten said...

Such a fantastic blog post! It was great to see you & all the gang today.I didn't do too bad of a job, taking the photos with your very posh camera, did I??;) However, for posting 'that' photo of me, I may never speak to you again! ;-) Seriously, you did a great job today, very well done.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You did a fantastic job, and you are a great teacher. I think everyone was quite interested in what you were making. I have heard this was the BIGGEST craft event of the year, and to think you got to demo at it. It must have been such an honor.

To think you had the presence to take photos before the event made me appreciate your fortitude even more. If that had been me, I'd have been practicing what I needed/wanted to say. But you appeared to be calm, even if you weren't on the inside. Very proud of you, from a person who can only visit you from across a pond (BIG POND).

Lin said...

great post Helen..was a great day out with some of the patwits..missed a lot of your demo as I was doing a make and take with Leandra..(well one of us had to find out what the frosting stuff was all about lol). You did well nerves an'all!!

Michelle Webb said...

Well done Helen, you did great. That heart is brilliant, what a great idea. Looks like you had a whole load of fun. Love reading your blog. Take care x Michelle x

Gabrielle said...

Helen what a wonderful round of your exiting (nerve wracking?!) day! You looked a natural and your samples were AMAZING! Much, much incredibly proud love xxx

Craftyfield said...

Wonderful post, so glad you made it for those of us who couldn't come! Looks like you enjoyed yourself and I bet now you've experienced it and aren't scared anymore, you're itching to do it again... Well done Helen and enjoy today!

Lucy Edmondson said...

It was brilliant to be there for your demo debut, Helen. Wouldn't have wanted to miss it. You seemed so natural and I picked up a lot from your painting skills. You made me want to get stuck in as soon as I got home!

Lucy x

craftytrog said...

Great photos Helen...you were fab!!! x
p.s. did you really mean to call Kirsten the lovely old organ at the end of the hall?! No wonder she poked her tongue out! Lol!!!

Neet said...

Lovely work there Helen, and you looked to be doing fine from the photos. Glad you felt a bit more relaxed about it all - maybe next time you are doing it I won't be on holiday.
Congrats!
Hugs, Neet xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous samples Helen, I'm sure you did a brilliant job! Thanks for sharing all these photos, great for us poor folk that could not make it...

Julie Lee said...

Great post, Helen and such inspiring demo-ing! I love what you did with that heart: it looked gorgeous - great tags too. Lovely to see Lucy helping out as your lovely assistant!Well done and have fun today too! xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done mate, you look very serious, but I'm totally sure that now you've done it once, you'll have a taste for it. Even standing!!! Love the heart and the tags, you chose such fab colours. Enjoy today then, you can walk around without feeling a bit sick!

jojo79 said...

Your demos were fab Helen - you are a natural. And thank you so much for the tag. Hope you had a great day today

Jo
x

Deborah Wainwright said...

Fabulous post Helen, great Photos too. You look like you were enjoying yourself:) x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Arrrrgh! You GOT me! I thought I'd escaped your camera too (you're lucky it's still working ;oD) Typical me! Not paying attention. I think I was distracted by my extra large jar of glass beads. I was so pleased with them. So great to meet you Helen. Lx

Sarah Anderson said...

Great blog post!! Glad you had a fun day and great to see the pics of you demoing :) Well done you!!

Hazel Agnew said...

Well done Helen, from a not at all sunny Spain! Xx