Wednesday 3 September 2014

cheep cheep....

Been playing in my new soft covered journal with this and that... and the new JoFY paints and Darcy stamps...

 my first page is my two gelatos, in  a sky blue and brightish green, over stencilled grunge paste.
 I stamped one of Dina's scribbly birds at the bottom,in forget-me-not archival ink (Wendy Vecchi's) and whilst the ink was still wet, I blended the edges a little with a damp brush.

Had a die cut leaf from the Tim Holtz die which I painted green and edged with a green Portfolio pencil, stamped words from the Scribbly Birds set.

and at the bottom, used some glass bead structure gel . (had this ages, never used it before!)


 the right page I started after the new Limited Edition JoFY paints and the Darcy EDY10 set arrived yesterday...
painted the page turquoise, stamped the flowers, painted the centre of the hearts with Chalk Fresco so I could the translucent Cherry Red over the top, and the stems I painted in Sage
 some not too careful painting caused me to re-outline the hearts with a black micro pen, added the birds and text from the same stamp set.

11 comments:

Hazel Agnew said...

Scribbly bird half my fave. .loads of fab texture, fabulous playing Helen, well done. Xx

massofhair said...

Some great pages there Helen, each one very different. The new paint colours are very good and can see why they are so popular :-) x

snazzyoriginal said...

Great pages, loving those @DarcyUK stamps x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

wow Helen you are busy!! well done, Shaz in Oz.x

craftytrog said...

Two gorgeous pages Helen, love them both! xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Two fabulous pages! Love that Cherry Red on Darcy's flowers! Chrisx

sam21ski said...

WOW great pages and both so different, your scribbly birds are really growing on me xxx

Sam xx

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, such gorgeous pages!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Lovely pages Helen , great use of those gorgeous colours? X

Words and Pictures said...

Completely delightful - love the leaves over those checkered textures and the bird is beyond adorable!
Alison xx

Kezzy said...

Wow wow really loving your playing session in your new journal, the pages look awesome. All my favourite things, the sketchy birds stamps are a huge favourite and I have started working with gelatos. I have bought Darcy's new stamps and the limited edition paints, really loving what you have done with them. Also love the texture, I haven't got any bead gel, I tend to use micro beads on a medium instead. Helen are they worth buying? I have ummed and arrrrred about it as the micro beads go everywhere lol :-) Kezzy xxx