Wednesday 2 July 2014

Dragons Dream - TIO - K and a heart

Welcome to another challenge from the Dragons - thank you for rising to the stencil/N theme last time, I know we all loved visiting your entries.  I'll be announcing my Dreamboat 3 soon.

This fortnight, it's the turn of Silvia to choose, and she wants us to work with "K" and to use a heart.  Don't forget you need to use at least one real stamp, on your tag.

I was still stuck in stencil mode, so my hearts are stencilled in tinted Grunge Paste over a Fresco'd background  My word is Kiss..
 I used the Limited Edition Jo Firth-Young paints in Dolly Mix (background) and Amethyst, mixed into the grunge paste.
The heart is from the mini gothic romance stencil (crafters workshop), it's the bigger of the two.

Once the grunge paste was dry, I stamped a Kaisercraft script stamp using black archival, through the stencil so I didn't stamp onto the background too.
 I also added some small bubbly type dots to the background, rolling the stamp (it's from the new Ellen Vargo set EEV06 for Paperartsy) in Magenta Hue archival, some purply ribbon and the Tim Holtz word stick  I coloured the letters with my white sharpie marker and wiped the stick to remove the white paint from the rest of the word stick so it just sits in the recessed letters.
 time for some more extras  - a bunch of paper flowers from my rather extensive collection - these are all by Prima , and some heart brads.

We're looking forward to seeing what you dream up for us this time - have fun!

11 comments:

sam21ski said...

Loving those hearts xx

ElizabethR said...

Love the hearts and your tag is a gorgeous colour, Elizabeth xxx

Julie Lee said...

Yummy colour and textures on this Helen and I love those beautiful flowers too! The perfect interpretation of Sylvia's recipe. Julie Ann xxx

Inkypinkycraft said...

a really pretty tag and gorgeous colours x

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's gorgeous Helen.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great tag in fabulous colors. The textured hearts are amazing. Love the added metal.

Virginia said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous and the texture is beautiful!!!!!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Very pretty Helen yummy colours xx

massofhair said...

Great colours and textures here Helen, fabulous piece :-) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the stamping on the textured hearts - very cool!
Alison xx
Sorry to have been absent so long - but it's always fun catching up!

Dianne said...

Holy Moly Miss Helen, you never stop, tons of gorgeous work I saw while scrolling to this post, amazing creation.. Your tag is fabulous, love the soft background and those fabulous heart with the script, love the topping and that kiss sign,the lovely flowers, what and inspirational visit this has been on your blog, thanks, have a wonderful week...