Wednesday 11 June 2014

WOYWW 262

Here we all are again, time for another Wednesday spent snooping around desks and working spaces to see what we've all been up to... check out the other desks here at Julia's


pre visit to theCraft Barn on Sunday, I received some wooden numbers and letters - and some fabulous corrugated card wrapping them, how handy will that be!!  - and a set of Paperartsy stamps I won on their blog challenge giveaway. 





So, Sunday saw me go to the Craft Barn in Surrey for their Extravaganza -  here is our very own WOYWWer Neil hard at work demonstrating his gelli plate prints. 







At Leandra's table (she was there demonstrating some fabulous masterboards with her Fresco paints) I got a go at playing myself...I've lifted this photo from my friend Alison's blog as it's better than the one I got on my own camera 


here's one of both of us working away, and Leandra "supervising"!  (I realise this is out of order with the previous picture!)



and here is my little haul from the shop!!








This is my actual desk today (what you've come for!)  Some of the stash from Sunday is still there... and my journal for Darcy's Paperartsy challenge to remind me to get started on it soon! 


Thanks for all your visits and comments last week, they were much appreciated.

Just found out that our lovely Julia was taken ill on holiday in Spain and is in hospital (nothing life threatening, thankfully) - there's a brief update on (LunchLady) Jan's blog here  I am sure we all wish Julia a speedy recovery and return home!  Obviously there's no WOYWW link from her today, and maybe not next week either. 

19 comments:

Neet said...

Ooh, must read your previous post - one day I might get to one of these events.
Great photo of you Helen.
Hugs, Neet xx

Anonymous said...

Looks fab - I love the IDEA of Masterboards, even made one or two, but in reality since I don't make a lot of cards I always thing they are too much. But the IDEA works equally well as an AJ background, it uses the same principles. So worth doing for that.

Love the stamps too, BTW. Kewl.

Mary Anne (no number yet!)

okienurse said...

great looking desk with all the new goodies and fun things to play with. Just wandering around looking at desks till Julia gets the linky thing up and running. Looks like a lot of fun was had at the extravaganza! Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie

Eliza said...

I am always so envious of your purchases and so want to play with them myself. Sounds like you had fun at the craft barn. I do love the gelli plate and need to use mine more.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda

no number

Julie Lee said...

Lovely collection of pics! A great memory of a really fun day! I love your choice of stamp for the PA prize. I chose LP026! x

Virginia said...

I always love to see what your 'desk' looks like and what goodies you have tee hee

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A fun creative day out and goodies to bring home. What could be better?

Fiona xx

Nikki said...

You always have such fun goodies to play with looks like you had a super fun time at the craft barn :)
Happy WOYWW
hugs Nikki
My Desk

Kim said...

LOL! I love your concept of a "little" haul! Good job! And the Extravaganza sounds like you all had a good time! So wish we had gathering like that over here! Happy Crafting.

CraftygasheadZo said...

How fabulous I bet those workshop/demos were amazing. Neil is so creative and I love how you use PaperArtsy stuff too. Though I'm a little worried about you, not sure how you are going to sit to work soon with all that new stash gathering!! Lol Take care Zo xx

sandysewin said...

I'm just poking around, wondering if anyone knows if Julia is all right? Wednesday is nearly over and she hasn't posted.

Sandy @ http://keepsakecrafts.net

craftytrog said...

A nice 'little' haul! It was fun making those master boards wasn't it...must do some more! x

Lori said...

Fab pic and fab art! Love the new stash, and how much fun that had to have been!

Anonymous said...

I really should ignore your WOYWW posts, I always get so envious. ;) Love the new stash.

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Helen happy WOYWW and a big thank you for my ATC that arrived with a bundle from Julia...I love those Jofy stamps. You look like you've had a fabulous week and bought home some great goodies. Cheers...we can keep this crazy thing going and pray that our dear Julia is on the mend soon. Enjoy your week RobynO

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Look at that happy smile hiding behind the masterboard. And look at all that stash you came home with. Very impressive.

Now I'm off to see the next post about the actual Craft Barn Extravaganza.

Unknown said...

How fun! Love the haul you made, especially the Tim Holtz stencils. I see a flower one that I have not seen before, will have to search for it. had fun as always stopping by ans "snooping". Diane @ afocusedjourney.blogspot.com

Words and Pictures said...

Just heard about poor Julia... but it's great to see what's going on round your way anyway. Looks like you had a great time playing (and buying) at the Craft Barn... couldn't get there this time, sadly.

Those new stencils look yummy!
Alison xx

Hettie said...

That is another nice haul there. Loving those stencils.
Hugs
xx