Tuesday 28 August 2012

A Two-fer challenge

Well, so much for spending the Bank Holiday crafting! I didn't do a thing, didn't have a clue what to do...why does Mojo always desert you when you have time on your hands....

Anyhow, I was extremely lucky recently to win a stamp and art part set from Wendy Vecchi for leaving a comment on her blog and which Mr Postie had delivered on Friday.... still I didn't know what to do... But the two-fer....

Hels' Sunday Stamper challenge was to use green, based on her chosen song title Green Tambourine.... and the Everything Wendy Vecchi yahoo group, hosted by Lori, sent us to page 28 of Wendy's book 4 and to use canvas.. so I decided to combine them, with the new stamps..

I took a piece of sticky back canvas (Claudine Hellmuth) and sprayed it with a mixture of lettuce colour wash and fresh lime  Dylusion sprays.   I stamped (using the rolling method to get an uneven coverage) the larger of the text stamps from the prize set of stamps (Tales of Art), and stuck it to a tag (also sprayed green)

The other stamps I used are from the same stamp set, apart from on the black card, which is the background stamp from Celestial Art, and was clear embossed before painting with apple green perfect pearls (mixed with water) .  Used up some scraps of tissue wrap behind the tag and added some green ribbon.

Not perfectly happy with this, but it has got me crafting again and I hope to get back in the swing properly now!

11 comments:

sam21ski said...

Well done on your win Helen, great isn't it. I've just picked up some stamps using a $30 gift cert.

Hope your mojo comes back soon.

Sam xxx

Alison said...

fab card Helen, congrats on winning those gorgeous stamps! x

Anonymous said...

It looks great, congrats again on your win.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic tag and congrats on your win.

Hettie said...

Lovely piece Helen and well done on your win. You Lucky Lucky girl!
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Firstly, congrats on your win... how FAB you have the stamps already... am not Peeled Paint, oh no, more like Lettuce and Fresh Lime lol Which brings me nicely to your gorgeous creation, love it! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper hun, hope you have a good week x

flutterbycrafter said...

This is a lovely tag and congratulations on your win xx

Lori said...

Oooo, fantastic use of the canvas Helen! Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining the MAC!

brenda said...

Hi Helen, it's been playing on my mind that I've not seen anything from you lately so thought I'd better check you out.

I can see you have posted so I guess I just missed them, sorry about that. Not that I've done much blogging the last week or so, my Mojo must be a way with yours and add arms not playing the game it's a bit quiet on the crafty front.

Well done on the win, that might be just what you need to get the juices flowing again.

B x

Rita said...

Absolutely stunnoing. Hugs Rita xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love that green gorgeous color behind the fab Wendy image!!!!